Madrid for families
Enjoy a privileged natural environment, the Madrid Sierra Norte, in the heart of the Sierra de Guadarrama National Park.
Just 70 km from Madrid, and 60 km from Segovia.
Welcome to the Sierra de Guadarrama National Park and the beautiful Lozoya Valley in the Madrid Sierra Norte, the best-preserved natural spot in the region.
Only 70 km away from the capital and 60 km from Segovia!
Sierra de Guadarrama National Park and Lozoya Valley
If you want to discover the best Madrid for families, come to Monte Holiday Ecoturismo. We are in the heart of the Sierra de Guadarrama National Park, in its purest and wildest landscape, Lozoya valley. Set between the heights of the Peñalara mountain (the highest peak in Madrid), and the Cuerda Larga and the Monte Carpetanos mountain ranges, Monte Holiday Ecoturismo surroundings are fascinating.
Madrid for families: the best natural spots at the Sierra de Guadarrama National Park
- Laguna Grande of Peñalara. 3-4 hours. Mountain trail. Caution is always advisable due to the constantly changing weather conditions. Route recommended during summer, the beginning of autumn, and the end of spring.
- Mojonavalle waterfall, in Canencia. 2 hours. It can be visited all year round, though the best time to go is in spring.
- Purgatorio waterfall, in Rascafría. 3-4 hours. All year, though spring is the ideal time to visit it too.
- San Mamés stream, in San Mamés. 3-4 hours. It can be visited all year round, though the best time to do it is, again, in spring.
- La horizontal, at the Navafría mountain pass. Flat trail in a pine forest. Visitable all year round, with snow in winter.
- Lozoya Valley natural trail. Itinerary path from Lozoya to Rascafría, totally flat. To be enjoyed all year.
- Canencia mountain pass. Trail from
- Canencia to La Morcuera mountain passes. All year, with snow in winter.
- Montejo beech forest, Canencia birch wood, and Lozoya savin juniper grove.
- Multi-adventure Park, children’s farm guided tour, leisure activities, kayaking, and seasonal swimming pools at Monte Holiday Ecoturismo.
Madrid for families: the city in two days. Whenever you fancy visiting the capital with the children, be aware that you need at least two days to enjoy it. We are just an hour’s drive from Madrid. We recommend you park in a car park near a tube station. It will be handier and faster!
What to see in Madrid’s capital
- Madrid city centre is full of history and plenty of things to see and to do: Puerta del Sol, Plaza del Sol, San Miguel market, etc.
- Malasaña. The favourite neighbourhood among youngsters and trendy people of Madrid. There are lots of shops, artisan ateliers and restaurants. The cobblestoned streets, the walls covered with graffiti, and the eclectic shops give this district an undeniable peculiar charm.
- Lavapiés. It is the neighbourhood of immigrants and Madrid’s bohemian population. In this zone, you can find anything, as almost all countries are represented here. The most traditional Madrid street market, El Rastro, takes place here.
- Chueca. Very quiet during the day, the Chueca district comes alive at night.
- Nightlife here is the most vibrant in the whole city. You will find countless tapas bars, trendy restaurants, pubs, and nightclubs.
- El Retiro is a pleasant place to go with the children. Apart from the museums and the impressive buildings along the streets, the namesake park stands out in this neighbourhood. Perfect for having a nice walk.
- Madrid Royal Palace. Surrounded by superb gardens, Madrid for families is discovering gastronomy too. Get into any of the typical restaurants of the city centre and enjoy!
More info in this link.
What to see in Segovia
Only 60 km from Monte Holiday Ecoturismo. Enjoy a fantastic day trip to Segovia city. Do not miss the Roman Aqueduct, the Jewish district, and the Cathedral. The tour will take you about two hours and a half.
Suggested visit time: 10:00 am to 10:30 am is a good time to start your day trip around Segovia. Further info on this link.